Fossil-fueled electric power generation work at Sargent & Lundy is a strong mix of new generation, repowering, regulatory compliance initiatives, and backfit and betterment of operating plants. Because our experience encompasses the diversity of fossil-fired plant installations, our clients enjoy the benefits of a seasoned and knowledgeable ally.
New facility capabilities
Public and private utilities, developers, and financial institutions enlist our support for new facilities in many different capacities. We serve as design engineer, owner's engineer, and owner advocate. We provide:
- Complete project management
- Engineering and design
- Construction management
- Start-up support services
- Project feasibility evaluation
- Strategic project siting
- Due diligence review.
Existing facility services
Work at existing power stations and industrial powerhouses covers everything from designing modifications for a single plant system upgrade or addition to system-wide assessment and refurbishment programs.
For SO2, NOX, particulate, mercury, and other emissions control, we're supporting diverse clients in helping them select and implement the most dependable and cost-effective reduction technology for all types of fossil-fueled plants.
- New coal-fired plant conceptual and detailed design
- Air quality strategic planning and retrofit design including implementation of FGD systems, SCR systems, baghouses, and mercury control
- IGCC station site selection
- Combined-cycle power plant conceptual and detailed design
- Solid fuel and combined-cycle repowering of existing generating stations
- Simple-cycle peaking plant design
- Fuel switching modifications
- Power plant control system modernization and upgrade
- Due diligence for both station sellers and purchasers