Sargent & Lundy is the company that specializes in professional services for electric power and energy intensive clients. We have been dedicated exclusively to serving the electric power industry and related businesses for years, and our current work is in the forefront of helping companies with their power business needs for today and tomorrow.
We provide comprehensive engineering, energy business consulting, and project services for new and operating power plants and power delivery systems. On a continuing basis, we support hundreds of diverse clients, working with many on multiple, concurrent projects. Our comprehensive capabilities provide clients and partners with a thoroughly reliable source of expertise.
The Global Choice for New Power
Sargent & Lundy provides complete consulting, engineering, and project development services for all types of fossil-fuel, nuclear, and renewable power generation and power delivery projects. Our record of accomplishment includes the design of 927 power plants totaling 135,643 MW for clients in the public and private sectors worldwide. We have also designed more than 6,200 circuit miles of high-voltage and extra-high-voltage transmission line and more than 100 substations.
Our services span the new power generation business... from up-front feasibility advice and strategic project siting, project financial services, and due diligence review to complete project management and engineering, construction management and start-up, and operations & maintenance support. Our dedicated Power Delivery group provides cost-effective solutions and complete project services for all transmission, substation, and distribution projects.
Each client and project partner benefits from our first-hand experience, worldwide resources, and ability to accommodate fast track project needs. The end results are the high-quality, environmentally sound, cost-effective power production and power delivery assets that contribute to our clients' continued success.
Today's Partner-of-Choice for Operating Facilities
Few engineering and engineer-construct companies seem to put much strategic focus and emphasis on in-depth services for operating power facilities. We do. Existing power facilities and infrastructure are what our clients depend on to sustain their business success today, next week, and next year. Our complete engineering and O&M Support Services assist clients in keeping their facilities operating, improving performance, meeting regulatory compliance issues, and improving the bottom line.
Our comprehensive know-how also helps our clients shape their plans for the future of their power business assets. We provide extensive consulting services, due diligence reviews and condition assessments, and many other services that help our clients develop and implement effective system-wide and power business strategies.
Sargent & Lundy is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois USA with project team locations worldwide. Our global resources include joint ventures with other world class organizations to bring clients a full complement of extended services. We also have forged carefully chosen alliances with large, multi-faceted companies and smaller specialized firms that give us additional, proven options for teaming with the right companies when multi-company collaboration is needed.
The Sargent & Lundy People and Resources
In the course of service power clients for more than 100 years, we have developed an unparalleled reservoir of expertise and know-how that benefits each client:
- Our management is actively engaged in guiding each project and ensuring that every client is satisfied.
- Our staff is predominately power professionals - highly qualified and experienced - with industry-leading experts in all areas of power facility engineering, operation, and industry strategy.
- Behind the scenes is a solid support staff whose excellence in their own specialized professions directly reinforces our high quality client service.
- An extensive network of resources and tools enables our project teams to support clients on the leading edge of efficiency.
- Worldwide communication links facilitate information exchange with clients and project partners anytime and anywhere.
- Powerful computer tools, many of which we developed in response to client needs, put enhanced capability at the fingertips of everyone in our organization.
- Integrated internal systems effectively distribute throughout our organization the knowledge gained on each project so that every client benefits from Sargent & Lundy's total expertise.
With a large, highly experienced staff dedicated solely to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to staff the smallest task alongside the largest projects. And, for each assignment, we select a team with the right mix of experience, knowledge, and creativity to assess the options and deliver cost-effective results.
These resources - and many more - give our clients a powerful advantage that is globally available and locally accessible.